Top Ten Reasons Why Windows 98 was Delayed
Extra time to code the Windows 3.1 upgrade path? Yeah, right.
Here are the real reasons Windows 98 was delayed:
- 10. It's a leap year
- 9. All the programmers are busy working on The House
- 8. Want to coincide Windows 98 marketing efforts with the 98 Olympics
- 7. The compiler crashed, had to restart it
- 6. Not enough paper on hand to print the companion book, "Windows 98 Patches and Fixes"
- 5. "If we just wait until 2000, we won't have to worry about the millennium bug at all..."
- 4. Need to erase all the Norton antivirus code that's still in there
- 3. Not enough disk space on CD-ROMs--need to wait for DVD technology
- 2. Just discovered Netscape Communicator 4.0 runs perfectly-- need time to correct that
- 1. "Windows 99" just sounds cooler
For the whole story, see the NEWS.COM story:
Washington Apple Pi IFAQ
lic Sunday, January 11, 1998