Insurance Form Accident Reports
THE FOLLOWING ARE ACTUAL STATEMENTS FOUND ON INSURANCE FORMS
WHERE CAR DRIVERS ATTEMPTED TO SUMMARIZE THE DETAILS OF AN ACCIDENT
IN THE FEWEST POSSIBLE WORDS. THE INSTANCES OF FAULTY WRITING SERVE
TO CONFIRM THAT EVEN INCOMPETENT WRITING CAN BE HIGHLY
- Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a
tree I don't have.
- The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its
- I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put
my head through it.
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
- The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of
times before I hit him.
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my
mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
- In an attempt to kill a fly I drove into a telephone
- I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home.
As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up, obscuring my
vision and I did not see the other car.
- I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the
wheel and had an accident.
- I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my
- joint gave way causing me to have an accident.
- As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a
place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to
stop in time to avoid the accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a
- My car was legally parked as it backed into another
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and
- I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my
hat found that I had a fractured skull.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other
side of the road when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over
- I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off
the roof of my car.
- The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small
car with a big mouth.
- I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later
found in a ditch by some stray cows.
- The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve
out of the way when I struck the front end.
Washington Apple Pi IFAQ
lic Sunday, February 8, 1998