Useless But Interesting Facts:
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in
every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as
airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston,
Massachusetts) is the only place in the world where a boat can
sail under a train driving under a car driving under an
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and
ears never stop growing.
- David Prowse, was the guy in the Darth Vader suit in Star
Wars. He spoke all of Vader's lines, and didn't know that he was
going to be dubbed over by James Earl Jones until he saw the
screening of the movie.
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman
- Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to
have a full moon.
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many
bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the
state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate
toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches
for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United
- Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every
- Columbia University is the second largest landowner in New
York City, after the Catholic Church.
- Cat's urine glows under a black light.
- Back in the mid to late 80's, an IBM compatible computer
wasn't considered a hundred percent compatible unless it could run
Microsoft's Flight Simulator.
- The first Ford cars had Dodge engines.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- It takes about a half a gallon of water to cook macaroni, and
about a gallon to clean the pot.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been
- Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the
child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest
point in Colorado.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins
without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of
the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- No NFL team which plays it's home games in a domed stadium has
ever won a Superbowl
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To
- In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt
down but only 6 people were injured
- Lincoln Logs were invented by Frank Lloyd Wright's son.
- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because cotton
growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as
competition. It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine,
alcohol, or caffeine.
- The only two days of the year in which there are no
professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day
before and the day after the Major League All-Star Game.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan"
Washington Apple Pi IFAQ
lic Monday, May 12, 1997